Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pay It Forward...Free Session Contest

I am not sure how to word this blog post, so if I ramble, I am so sorry.  Not too long ago I took pictures for a very sweet family...the Hoy Family.  I posted their blog address because I think that everyone should check it out and pray for them as often as you can remember to.  They have been through so much, but you would never know to be around them because they just do not dwell on what has happened to them.  Instead they focus on the here and now, happy for every second they have with one another. 

After taking pictures, Katie (the mom) handed me a check for their session fee.  I did not want to take it and had no intentions of taking any money from them.  I wanted the session to be a gift to them in celebration of Matthew's 1st birthday.  Long story short, Katie told me to take the money and "pay it forward" to another family.  Despite all they are going through, she is thinking of others.  I told you...she is amazing.

That being said, I want to have a contest.  I have never done anything like this before and wish I could do every session for free, but if you know of a family that deserves a fun photo session, please send me an e-mail (brooketmartin@yahoo.com)  with the subject header "Pay It Forward."  I will be traveling to Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina before the end of the year, so this is not limited to the Houston area. 

Thank you to Katie for allowing me to offer this gift to a deserving family.

No comments:

Post a Comment